Marietta Attorneys With Over
130 Years Of Combined Experience
Larkin, Joel L.
Consistent with Sams, Larkin, Huff & Balli, LLP goal of providing full service to its clients, Joel Larkin has worked hard to establish a well-rounded background in business, real estate and litigation so that he is prepared to fully evaluate and address your particular needs.
After graduating from the University of Virginia in 1983, Mr. Larkin attended law school at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia where his successful classroom performance earned him a spot on the school's prestigious law review. He then served as the law review's business editor.
Mr. Larkin graduated in 1983 and immediately went to work with an approximately 50 lawyer firm in downtown Atlanta where he spent several years working on sophisticated securities litigation cases, many of them class action cases involving thousands of Plaintiffs and millions of dollars. As the real estate markets recovered from the downturn experienced in the late 1980's Mr. Larkin's litigation practice broadened to include a wide variety of real estate issues, including zoning, contract disputes, easement interpretation and condemnation. This background makes his particularly able to understand the pitfalls that need to be addressed at the contract stage, and Mr. Larkin has worked with many purchasers and sellers of real estate and businesses to negotiate contracts in an effort to avoid many of the issues that he saw in his litigation practice.
Mr. Larkin's entrepreneurial spirit called him in 1993 to leave his downtown practice and partner up with Mr. Sams' existing practice in Cobb County and they have worked hard to provide a full-service firm for their clients. It is our mission to be attentive to our clients and provide them with personal service in all aspects of their lives.
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 1986
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- B.A. - 1983
- Major: American Government
Classes & Seminars
- Numerous Real Estate, Land Use and Zoning Seminars
- Bank of North Georgia
- Peterson, Dillard, Young, Self & Asselin, Associate Attorney, 1986 to 1993
- Registered Lobbyist in the State of Georgia
- Georgia State Bar Association, 1985 to Present
- Cobb County Bar Association, 1993 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Real Estate Transactions 25%
- Formation of Business Entities and Corporate Transactions 20%
- Litigation 50%
- Probate and Estate Planning 5%
- Georgia, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993