Marietta Attorneys With Over
130 Years Of Combined Experience
Sams, Garvis L. Jr.
Garvis L. Sams, Jr., Managing Partner of Sams, Larkin, Huff & Balli, LLP has practiced law for thirty-five (35) years and is admitted for practice before the Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals. U.S. District Court, U.S.Court of Appeals (Eleventh Circuit) and the United States Supreme Court. His leadership within the community and of Sams, Larkin, Huff & Balli, LLP continues the tradition beginning in 1956 by Mr. Sams' father, Garvis L. Sams. Sr., whose law practice was also located in Marietta. Georgia. Mr. Sams, a lifelong resident of the City of Marietta has three (3) grown daughters a grandson and resides there with his wife, Cloma.
Mr. Sams is experienced in all areas of general civil trial practice and handles real estate litigation, construction litigation, eminent domain proceedings, estate planning and administration, rezoning and entitlement matters and land acquisition and development issues. Additionally, Mr. Sams and other attorneys within Sams, Larkin, Huff & Balli, LLP are registered lobbyists in the State of Georgia and have represented local governments in zoning and condemnation matters, tax issues, civil litigation, risk management and personnel matters.
Mr. Sams was named one of Georgia's Super Lawyers in the field of Land Use/Zoning in 2011 and 2012.
- Woodrow Wilson College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1978
- The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.A. - 1975
- Major: English Literature
Classes & Seminars
- Various Courses Related to Zoning and Land Use Law and Litigation, Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Various Courses Related to Zoning, Planning and Code Enforcement, Georgia Association of Zoning Administrators
- Zoning & Condemnation Seminar, Cobb County Bar Association
- Ashton Woods Homes
- Branch Capital
- BrandsMart USA
- Chatham Neighborhoods
- Columbia Properties, Inc.
- Coro Realty Advisors
- David Weekly Homes
- Fuqua Acquisition
- Glock Inc.
- Green Street Properties
- Jamestown Properties
- JLL Realty
- Lowe's Home Centers, Inc.
- Mall Properties, Inc.
- North American Properties
- North Georgia Presbyterian Homes Inc.
- Pace Academy
- Pacific Group
- Patrick Malloy Communities
- Pollo Tropical
- Prime Interest, Inc.
- RB Capital, LLC
- RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.
- Ryland Homes
- The Sembler Company
- The Shopping Center Group
- Trammel Crowe Residential
- Venture Homes
- Bank of North Georgia
- Bank of America
- United Community Bank
- County Attorney for Cobb County, Georgia, 1979 to 1987
- Registered Lobbyist, State of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association, Former President YLD & Trustee, 1983 to 1984
- Cobb County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- American Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- State of Georgia Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- Marietta Kiwanis Club, President , 1988 to 1989
- Leadership Cobb, 1983 to 1984
- Honorary Commanders Association, 1984 to 1985
- Kennesaw Wellstar Regional Hospice, Chairman, 1986 to 1987
- Kennesaw Wellstar Regional Hospice, 1983 to 1987
- Red Cross Advisory Board, 1986 to 1987
- Wellstar Hospice Advisory Board, 2010 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Local Government Law 20%
- Condemnation / Eminent Domain Law 20%
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Development 20%
- Land Use, Real Estate and Civil Litigation 35%
- Estate Planning and Administration 5%
- Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1979
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Georgia Legal Leader (James Magazine)
- Legion of Honor (Marietta Kiwanis Club)
- Supreme Court of Georgia Mentor
- Named one of Georgia's Best Lawyers by Fulton County Daily Report
- Named as one of Georgia's Super Lawyers (Land Use/Zoning), 2011 & 2012
- Recognized by the Georgia State Senate in 2014 for more than 30 years of legal excellence and service to his clients as one of the preeminent zoning and land development attorneys in the metro Atlanta area